Henry J. Boldt
Henry was born in Lugowski, Russia on Sept. 6, 1905. When he was nearly 4 years old his parents and family all moved to Siberia and settled in a village called Schoenwiese. Here he attended school which was interrupted by the 1st world war. During his school years he was converted to Christ with the help of an evangelist. He remained true to his personal commitment all his days. A few years after his conversion he was baptized and joined the Schoenwiese Mennonite Brethren Church.
In October 1926 the family left Russia and arrived in Morden in November.
After working for others for 3 years the family bought a farm at Hayfield.
In October 1932 he was married to Justina Janzen. They stayed with Henry’s parents for about 3 ½ years then went to North Kildonan and lived with his wife’s parents while working in the city or on the land for others.
They rented a farm in McAuley and later a different farm.
They moved to Alexander where they bought a farm. From there they moved to a farm near Morden, which they farmed for 15 years. When farming became too difficult they moved into a house in Morden in 1966, where they lived for 22 years. Then they moved into the Tabor Home Units. The last 2 years Henry had spent in the Morden Hospital. His 91st birthday was celebrated with his wife and some relatives.
He died peacefully at about 2:00am on Wednesday January 22 in the Morden Hospital.
He leaves to mourn his passing his wife, nieces and nephews, his sister-in-law and many friends.
Funeral service was held on Sunday January 26, 1997 at 2:00pm at the Westside Community Church Morden with Rev. Russ Toews and Henry Martens (nephew) officiating. Interment followed in the Southside Cemetery, Morden.
If friends so desire donations may be made to the M.B. Communications.